
Hey ya all... got my southern accent back
Have Internet but days are full and making new friends takes all that extra time. As ya all know I do pretty well meeting folks so it's been fun but little time to get back to email and such so doing a quick post and then gotta get back to work.
I am so pleased to be involved in stuff where I find others equally passionate about giving as I do...it has further affirmed the Peace Corps choice as a great one. So many people are asking me about the process as it interests them as well. We are having tons of fun and the stories down here are incredible...and I have one about myself that almost ended quite tragically.
I'll share here but won't on the blogsite I will create for this trip (Go to www.cslforhabitat.blogspot.com for more) cuz don't wanna scare other interested in doing this trip...just a freak accident.
I had a HUGE scare that left me shaking and stopped the entire build the other day when scaffolding started to collapse as I was climbing down its ladder...thankfully the porch just a few feet in the direction it collapsed broke the full fall saved myself and another guy next to where it fell. I ended up pinned under it and the two men that were on top luckily fell into the house the opposite side where I was pinned. It was fortunate because it broke both their fall and also had them land on the left end tipping the scaffolding off me enough to avoid me being completely smashed. Other than a few bruises I am totally fine but it was surreal. As I was climbing down I started to feel the scaffolding shift and then saw it was going to collapse on top of me. I swear to GOD I felt this energy run through my body that just told me to hold on and stay at the right corner. Instinctively you want to get down and out of the way because the fall was longer at top but as it turned out only half my body was pinned. Had I been at the bottom I would have been severely injured as the entire ladder at the bottom ended up mangled and fully covered by its parts from the upper pieces from top. It all left me shaking for about an hour but I got back up on scaffolding again later to get over the fright and moved on...So that is my scary story and now.
I gotta get back to the job because I have been appointed painting forewoman for my "great leadership skills" as this really cute Mississippian dude running the show has said in his little southern accent... we're buddies now and all the Americorps gals swoon over him...funny! They are all great and I am glad to be here to share about it.
Gotta run!
Peace
Shaz
2 comments:
Girl--
Please please don't scare me like that. I was trying to text you all day (Yes, I know you hate texting) to send you my love but I know you know so we're good.
Love ya!
Cilla
Hi Shaz, sounds like you'll be an AZ7 like me. Do you live near the San Juans? I'm in Seattle. Look forward to meeting you!
Post a Comment