Thursday, April 1, 2010

big foot in Turkey?

Getting ready to fly off the mountain

My Dutch friends: Ernest and Louris


The Ghost town was one of my favorite finds while driving aimlessly on the motorbike. It was an amazing hike and I took several photos of this ominous site. The story goes that when the Turkish Republic came into power the Romans moved out thus leaving these homes abandoned.

The Roman Catholic Church. The Mosaic floors are a work of art!


Ghost town in Kaykoy Turkey

I loved Fethiye--photo taken on top of one of the many windy mountain roads.

This was the one and only woman I saw fishing and what a site to see--love this photo




I love self timed photos but I didn't quite make it into this photo and ended up looking like bigfoot....see for yourself.

So I am in Olympus now--have been for the last five days. It is like campijng here with the tree houses and campfires...and INTERNET which I haven't used much because I have been too busy exploring and hiking etc. Next is Kas and I hope to write a bit more on the history of some of the ruins and areas I have visited but I am off in a matter of minutes with 2 German women I met here. They have a car and I am so on that being that getting out of Olympus is 3 bus ordeal. So off I go....

Thanks for the emails friends...I will write when I am inspired but write now I feel the need to be in Turkey and not in the US...I am sure ya understand! You can call and leave a message though at 206 600-5970.

Peace n Love
Shaz

No comments: