Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Flying High on my Birthday!
This was the best brithday ever ... and thank you so much all you who sent a birthday message by email or calling!!
I was telling myself not to be disappointed if no one remembered but apparently it DOES mean a lot when people do remember ... kinda validates my existence and value to those whom I have befriended and have built a lasting relationship. Thank you thank you thank you.
I will make this brief as I am heading out on this beautiful day for another motorcycle ride through the mountains.
Yesterday, my birthday I had in mind a place I wanted to go, went upstairs to see if the owner was around just to share my plans and ask if he and his friend would be up to having a few drinks in acknowledgment of my birthday. They were not there but two Dutch guys were. To make a long day short, they ended up going with me (renting their own bikes) and we had a fab U day.
One of the guys had asked me from the start to "Please drive slow in town." I wondered about this because I WAS driving slow as he followed. The next thing I know he is flying past me with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, heading into a one way street the WRONG way. We filled up with gas and again he asked, "Please Shaz, will you go slow?" So we were off again, riding through the windy mountain roads when I hear this same guy honking his horn madly. So I pull over as did his friend only to have the guy tell me to watch out for the pot-holes Shaz." "Yep, I am on that...in fact why don't you go first to set the pace." He paniced so off we go ... AGAIN he comes flying up next to me and is just smiling at me not looking at the road! So I slow as we were approaching a corner and he asks for me to PLEASE go first and I am thinking is this guy mental?! First he begs for me to be cautious then he does something foolish so I pull over and said to him that I am not comfortable with him pulling up next to me, either stay behind or in front but it is dangerous to stop and go and pass on curvy roads. His friend backed me up.
I am glad to say for the most part, he was better but in fact he IS Schizophrenic and on medicine. He shared this at lunch. Of course that intrigues me...I love learning about another reality so long as it doesn't put me at risk. Anyhow, he is a bit attached to me now, sometimes uncomfortably so but I will be fine. One more day with him and his friend who I really enjoy.
But I went paragliding ... it was AWESOME. The guy I described earlier took some amazing footage of me flying off the mountain. The other Dutch guy and I were in the sky over the mountains and sea for about 30 minutes. LOVED it...especially the spiral dives I begged the guide to do at the end...I figured it would be unusual to die on the same day I was born so here it is...
More later...my friends are ready to go!
Peace
Shaz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Sweetie!
Glad to hear you got my birthday email. I didn't think your phone worked...Anyway, glad to read that you are following your intuition and having fun.
As for the Prison Ministry, things are going FABULOUSLY. Lyn & I got our prison IDs.
I could not open the video on the mac. No problem...Just glad to get updates when you can.
Love & Blessings to the Birthday Girl,
Harold
Shaz, Your growth symbol for the coming year is X - the Wheel of Fortune. It's off to a great start, it seems, and is bound to continue to be fortunate in so many ways. Blessings, Jann McG, D.Min.
Post a Comment